What is RS485?
RS-485, which is also referred to as TIA-485(-A) or EIA-485, is a standard followed in serial communications systems for defining the electrical characteristics of drivers and receivers. Balanced electrical signaling will be used and it is also supported for multipoint systems.
When RS485 is implemented in the Communications networks it’s proven that long-distance communication can be done effectively even in environments that are electrically noisy. Not only one but also multiple receivers can be used in an RS485 network in a linear, multidrop bus.
What is ISO1452BDWR ?
The ISO14xx devices are galvanically-isolated differential line transceivers for TIA/EIARS-485 and RS-422 applications. These noise-immune transceivers are designed to operate in harsh industrial environments. The bus pins of these devices can endure high levels of IEC electrostatic discharge (ESD) and IEC electrical fast transient (EFT) events which eliminates the need for additional components on the bus for system-level protection. The devices are available for both basic and reinforced isolation (see Reinforced and Basic Isolation Options).
These devices are used for long-distance communications. Isolation breaks the ground loop between the communicating nodes, allowing for a much larger common-mode voltage range. The symmetrical isolation barrier of each device is tested to provide 5000 VRMSof isolation for 1 minute per UL 1577 between the bus-line transceiver and the logic-level interface.
The ISO14xx devices can operate from 1.71 V to 5.5V on side 1 which lets the devices be interfaced with low voltage FPGAs and ASICs. The wide supply voltage on side 2 from 3V to 5.5V eliminates the need for a regulated supply voltage on the isolated side. These devices support a wide operating ambient temperature range from –40°C to +125°C.
What is Aptinex Isolated RS485 Module V1.0?
APTINEX RS485 has utilized the Texas Instruments ISO1452BDWR RS485 Transceiver in order to provide a robust RS485 communication to the customer.
- PCB Dimension : 3.8cm x 6.4cm
- Supply Voltage : 5v
- On-Board RS485 Transceiver: ISO1452BDWR
- On-Board MicroUSB socket for Debug and testing
- On-board power conversion module :
- Data Communication Mode : Full Duplex
CF0505XT-1WR3 General Data
- Input Voltage Range: 4.5v~5.5v
- Isolation(ADC) : 3500v
- Number of Outputs:1
- Output Voltage Range: 5v
- Power(W): 1
Package Contains :
- 1 unit of Aptinex Isolated RS485 Module V1.0
ISO1452BDWR Operational Data
- Compatible with TIA/EIA-485-A
- PROFIBUS compatible at 5-V bus-side supply
- Bus I/O protection
- ± 30 kV HBM
- ±16kV IEC 61000-4-2 Contact discharge
- ± 4 kV IEC 61000-4-4Electrical fast transient
- Low-EMI 500-kbps, 12 Mbps and 50 Mbps Data Rates
- Failsafe receiver for bus open, short, and idle
- 1/8 Unit load up to 256 nodes on bus
- 100-kV/µs (typical) high common-mode transient immunity
- Extended temperature range from –40°C to +125°C
- Glitch-free power-up and power-down for hot plug-in
- Wide-body SOIC-16 package
- Pin compatible to most isolated RS-485 transceivers
- Safety-related certifications:
- 7071-VPK VIOTM and1500-VPK VIORM (reinforced and basic options) per DINVDE V 0884-11:2017-01
- 5000-VRMSisolation for 1 minute per UL 1577
- IEC 60950-1, IEC62368-1, IEC 60601-1 and IEC 61010-1 certifications
- CQC,TUV, and CSA approvals