The Atmel-ICE Programmer comes shipped with an AVR and a SAM connector to connect to devices. Customers must pay an additional amount to get connector cables catering for different port designs. The Aptinex Atmel ICE Adapter Board provides an affordable solution for this problem. Users can easily place the Aptinex Atmel ICE Adapter Board on top of an Atmel-ICE PCBA or mount it outside the boxed package version to permanently expand its port selection.
The Atmel ICE Adapter Board provides the following expansion ports,
- (2x) AVR Cortex Debug Header 1.27
- (2x) SAM Cortex Debug Header 1.27
- AVR-ISP 10P
- SAM 20 2.54
- AVR ISP 6P
- SAM 2.54
- AVR JTAG
- AVR 2.54
The board includes additional SAM and AVR ports in case the required output port is the same. This feature allows the board to be connected to the programmer without obstructing its functions. Therefore, the Aptinex Atmel ICE Adapter Board is an overall upgrade to the Atmel-ICE Programmer’s output port limitation.
- Provides three levels of switchable I/O pin voltages, which are 1.8V, 3.3V, and 5V, which can be
controlled using the built-in 3-level switch.
- Can be powered through the included micro-USB port or by providing 5V power externally if there are no micro-USB cables available.
- An external power switching jumper is included on the module to isolate power to allow convenient testing and troubleshooting.
- Programming and on-chip debugging of all AVR 32-bit MCUs on both JTAG and aWire interfaces
- Programming and on-chip debugging of all AVR XMEGA family devices on both JTAG and PDI 2-wire interfaces
- JTAG and SPI programming and debugging of all AVR 8-bit MCUs with OCD support on either JTAG or debugWIRE interfaces
- Programming and debugging of all SAM ARM Cortex-M based MCUs on both SWD and JTAG interfaces
- Programming of all tinyAVR 8-bit MCUs with support for the TPI interface
- Programming and debugging of all AVR 8-bit MCUs with UPDI