Dagaya 1.0 makes it easy to control two bidirectional, high-power, brushed DC motors with any microcontroller or any other development board. The board includes 1 robust VNH5019 motor driver from ST(VNH5019A-E datasheet), which is operating from 5.5 to 24 V and having the capability to deliver a continuous 12 A (30 A peak) per channel.
The VHN5019A-E is a full bridge motor driver intended for a wide range of automotive applications. The device incorporates a dual monolithic high-side drivers and two low-side switches. The high-side driver switch is designed using STMicroelectronics’ well known and proven proprietary VIPower® M0 technology that allows to efficiently integrate on the same die a true motor driver..
- PCB Size : 60 mm x 42 mm
- Wide range of operational voltage : 5.5V – 24 V
- High output current : up to 12 A continuous (30 A maximum) per Channel
- Its is possible to combine the Outputs to a single channel to deliver up to 24 A continuous (60 A Maximum) to a single motor.
- Inputs : Both 5V and 3.3V Supported (logic high threshold : 2.1 V)
- PWM operation frequency : up to 20 kHz,
- Current sense voltage output : approx. 140 mV/A ( proportional to motor current )
- Can be used with any microcontroller or other platform (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, PIC Microcontrollers Etc)
- Reverse-voltage protection : to -16 V
- Robust drivers
- Can survive input voltages up to 41 V
- Under voltage and over voltage shutdown
- High-side and low-side thermal shutdown
- Short-to-ground and short-to-Vcc protection
- Cross-conduction protection
- Charge pump output for reverse polarity protection